Blackberry Honey Pie August 10, 2010 15:33
Sorry it's been so long since my last post~ I've been busy enjoying every single second of this beautiful Maine summer!
For example, on Sunday my family and I went Blackberry picking and came home with a huge bowl full of juicy berries. Feeling inspired, I got home and immediately baked a Blackberry Honey Pie.
Here's the recipe:
Blackberry Honey Pie
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 50 minutes
* pastry for double-crust pie
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup of honey
* 1/4 cup of flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 5 cups blackberries
* 3 Tbs butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press one crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, vanilla, honey, flour and cinnamon. Gently stir in blackberries. Pour mixture into the pie crust and add tabs of butter on top. Cover with the top crust, and seal the edges. Cut a few holes in the top to vent steam.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven on top of a cookie sheet, until the crust is golden brown.
NOTE: This is a VERY juicy pie! I recommend storing cooled pie in the fridge.
yum Yum YUM!
If you try this recipe, be sure to let me know!
be well, be positive ~ eat pie!